EUROPE: Warsteiner Group renews golf tie-up
Warsteiner is in its second year of sponsorship
Warsteiner Group has extended its sponsorship deal with the PGA European Tour to a second year.
The German brewer's flagship beer will be the headline sponsor at the BMW PGA Championship in Wentworth, UK, and the KLM Open in the Netherlands, the group said yesterday (11 March). On-pack promotions launched last week give UK consumers the chance to win a trip to the Wentworth event, due to be held in May, Warsteiner said.
“Warsteiner will have a high-profile presence at the BMW PGA Championship, which is the perfect platform for us to highlight our rich German heritage and show the quality of our beers to our key consumer audience,” Gordon Dow, Warsteiner area manager for the UK & Ireland, said.
Financial details of the deal were not disclosed.
Last year Warsteiner hooked up with The PGA European Tour to become its official beer supplier.
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Tough US hits Mast-Jagermeister volumes in 2014
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report