RUSSIA: Warsteiner drops Efes for Baltika in Russia
Warsteiner has a new Russian partner, in Carlsberg's Baltika Breweries
The privately-owned German brewer said earlier today (26 February) that it has signed a “long-term” agreement that will see Baltika take over the licensed brewing and distribution of the Warsteiner brand throughout Russia. Warsteiner's previous partnership with Efes Group had been in place for ten years and has expired.
“We are confident that, with our new partner, we will be able to seamlessly build on our success of the previous years,” a company spokesperson told just-drinks today.
Maxim Lazarenko, Baltika's VP of marketing, added: “We look forward to developing Warsteiner and complementing Baltika’s portfolio with a quality premium German brand.”
Warsteiner will also look to expand its namesake brand's presence into other markets in Eastern Europe.
In its full-year results, released last week, Carlsberg, which is the market leader in Russia, flagged an overall drop in the country's beer market in 2013 of around 8%. The brewer highlighted "particularly strong performances in the super-premium and mainstream segments", however.
Beer - BRIC (Brazil, Russia, India, China) Industry Guide
The BRIC Beer industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, retail market size (value and volume 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). The prof...read more
In the second part of this month's management briefing, which looks at sustainability in the global brewing category, Ben Cooper reviews the commitments from several of the world's largest beer compan...
Anadolu Efes Biracilik ve Malt San AS - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, produc...
In the final part of this month's management briefing, which considers sustainability in the global brewing category, Ben Cooper takes a look at the delicate balancing act that is sports sponsorship....
Synopsis Canadean's "OAO Baltika Breweries: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a...
Carlsberg A/S - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offerings ...
Synopsis Canadean's "Carlsberg Brewery Malaysia Berhad : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations...
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- just The Preview - Brown-Forman Q3 & YTD
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Pernod Ricard sends Martell Mumm PJ head to Asia
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research