Product Launch - GLOBAL: Walsh Whiskey Distillery's The Irishman Cask Strength
Click through to view Walsh Whiskey's The Irishman Cask Strength
Walsh Whiskey Distillery's The Irishman Cask Strength
Category - Spirits, whiskey, Irish, 54% abv
Available - From this month
Location - Global: Markets include Europe (including Russia, Ukraine and The Netherlands) and the US
Price - RRP of US$250 per bottle, limited to 2,160 units
Walsh Whiskey Distillery has lined up the launch of this year's cask strength expression of its The Irishman Irish whiskey brand.
The whiskey will be available globally from this month.
Earlier this year, Italian drinks firm Illva Saronno bought a 50% stake in Walsh Whiskey Distillery, which will see the Irish company build a new distillery that should be operational by 2016.
The Irishman are delighted to announce the first vintage release since their official Distillery Expansion Partnership with Illva. This is their exclusive 2013 Cask Strength expression.
Following from the success of a major re-design of packaging to give an ultra-premium look and feel to the bottle; we can safely say you can judge the book by its cover.
Bernard Walsh, founder of The Irishman Brands, said “Having released previous expressions of Cask Strength in the past, we are excited and thrilled to once again offer an exceptional Cask Strength into the market. We select only a handful of exceptional casks to make this the benchmark for Super Premium Cask Strength Irish Whiskey.”
Put plainly, ‘Cask Strength’ means that the whiskey is bottled at the natural strength, non-chill filtered and non coloured, straight out of the barrel and The Irishman choose only the finest American Oak Bourbon Casks to put its much loved triple distilled whiskey into. This years Cask Strength has come in at 54%, and delivering a wonderful combination of soft bourbon notes with a light malty subplot. Following through with a creamy oak and spice that gives it magnificent superb complexity which balances its expressive strength.
There are only 2,160 bottles are available worldwide in this limited edition and each bottle comes individually numbered as a mark of high quality and is non-chill filtered.
Original source: Company Release
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits