MEXICO: Volumes slow for Arca Continental in Q1 but profits climb
- Q1 net profits rise by 11.3% to MXN1.09bn (US$89.8m)
- Net sales in three months to the end of March increase by 8.3% to MXN13.38bn
- Operating profits also up by double figures, by 12.7% to MXN1.81bn
- Total volumes inch up, by 0.8%
Arca Continental posted its Q1 results late last week
Arca Continental has reported slowing volume growth for its first quarter, although sales and profits both held up well in the period.
The company, which is Latin America's second-largest Coca-Cola bottler, said late last week that net profits for the first three months of 2013 came in 11.3% up on the corresponding period a year earlier, at MXN1.09bn (US$89.8m). Net sales rose by 8.3% to MXN13.38bn, although volume sales were flat, up by 0.8%.
Operating profits held up well, increasing by 12.7% to MXN1.81bn.
While sparkling volumes slipped by 0.1% in the three-month period, water and still beverages collectively were up by 1%, with jug water volumes dipping by 0.7%.
The quarterly volumes contrast with full-year numbers, released in February, when volumes leapt by 20% in 2012.
"The actions that had the most impact (in Q1) were the optimisation of our pricing structure, cost improvements and perfecting our execution at the point of sale," said company CEO Francisco Garza Egloff. "Combined, these steps enabled us increase our market share and strengthen our leading position in the various categories and territories in which we participate.”
To read the company's official statement, click here.
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Amazon adds alcohol to one-hour delivery service
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research