EUROPE: Vodka marketing director exits Diageo
Diageo's vodka marketing director has left the company
Diageo has confirmed that its vodka marketing director for Western Europe, Simon Breckon, has left the company, after less than a year in the role.
Breckon had worked for Diageo for seven years in total, the company said in an e-mailed statement to just-drinks today (10 July). However, the company would not comment on the reason for Breckon's departure.
Brands within Breckon's remit included Smirnoff, Ciroc and Ketel One.
"In the Western Europe role, Simon has created compelling brand strategies and marketing programmes across the category," the statement said.
Prior to his role as vodka marketing director, Breckon was Diageo's global director for gin, helping reposition Tanqueray, the statement added. He was also previously marketing director for Nigeria and regional brand director for Guinness Africa.
A Diageo spokesperson also declined to confirm a report that Diageo’s Western Europe white spirits marketing director, Philip Gladman, is taking the vacant role on an interim basis.
The penultimate part of just-drinks' review of 2012 looks at a tumultuous year for the wine category....
Hats off the Sunday Telegraph for breaking the story today (9 December) that Diageo has been sniffing around Beam Inc....
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Forget Baby Boomers at your peril - Consumer Trend
- Carlsberg's full-year performance by region
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Pernod Ricard targets US through unit, exec switch
- William Grant & Sons' Ailsa Bay - NPD
- Asahi Group to buy Grolsch, Peroni from SABMiller
- Half-year sales lift for Pernod Ricard
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research