EUROPE: Vodka marketing director exits Diageo
Diageo's vodka marketing director has left the company
Diageo has confirmed that its vodka marketing director for Western Europe, Simon Breckon, has left the company, after less than a year in the role.
Breckon had worked for Diageo for seven years in total, the company said in an e-mailed statement to just-drinks today (10 July). However, the company would not comment on the reason for Breckon's departure.
Brands within Breckon's remit included Smirnoff, Ciroc and Ketel One.
"In the Western Europe role, Simon has created compelling brand strategies and marketing programmes across the category," the statement said.
Prior to his role as vodka marketing director, Breckon was Diageo's global director for gin, helping reposition Tanqueray, the statement added. He was also previously marketing director for Nigeria and regional brand director for Guinness Africa.
A Diageo spokesperson also declined to confirm a report that Diageo’s Western Europe white spirits marketing director, Philip Gladman, is taking the vacant role on an interim basis.
The penultimate part of just-drinks' review of 2012 looks at a tumultuous year for the wine category....
Hats off the Sunday Telegraph for breaking the story today (9 December) that Diageo has been sniffing around Beam Inc....
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Focus - SABMiller's FY Sales Performance by Region
- Focus - Indonesia: Prohibition in Paradise?
- Rémy Cointreau eyes recovery after Q4 bounceback
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Diageo YTD sales come in flat
- Bacardi hands global advertising to single agency
- Heineken "concerned" as Indonesia enacts beer ban
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review