FRANCE: Vinexpo names new president
The supervisory board of Vinexpo has appointed Xavier de Eizaguirre as president of Vinexpo Bordeaux, the international wine and spirits exhibition.
Eizaguirre, general manager and member of the management board of Baron Philippe de Rothschild, takes over from Jean-Marie Chadronnier, director of CVBG Dourthe Kressmann, who presided over the exhibition during the three Vinexpos in Bordeaux in 2003, 2005 and 2007.
All the board members paid tribute to the work carried out by Chadronnier and his contribution to the development of the exhibition. They also highlighted the professionalism of Xavier de Eizaguirre, his "in-depth knowledge" of international markets and his "untiring drive to innovate", which will benefit Vinexpo as it moves on to further success, the company said.
Along with the new appointment, Vinexpo revealed changes to the top of its organisation.
A supervisory board and executive board replace the board of directors. The president of the Bordeaux Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Laurent Courbu, is now the president of the executive board and Robert Beynat, Vinexpo's general executive, becomes general manager.
Vinexpo, the world's largest wine trade fair, has sold nearly 90% of its exhibitor stand space for next year's expo, despite a low-key presence from New World wine countries....
Bordeaux is set to hold an international wine tourism exhibition next year, marking the growing importance of tourism for the world's wine regions....
Hong Kong has further cemented its position as Asia's wine hub, after being chosen to host Vinexpo Asia-Pacific in 2010....
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Wm Grant redesigns Glenfiddich 21yo Gran Reserva
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends