AUSTRALIA: Vincorp sale of Hope Estate imminent
Vincorp had claimed $A15,600 for the cost of Nukorcs, $A386,540 for losses associated with the recall of 8,640 cases of Trio Station wine and $A500,000 for loss of reputation and/or goodwill.
Details of the settlement are not yet known.
The asset sale, predicted by just-drinks.com two weeks ago, will include Vincorp's 250,000 litre winery at Kyneton, 80km north of Melbourne, 56ha of vineyards, its premium Virgin Hills label and an agreement with Virgin Airlines which allows it to market Virgin Hills worldwide.
Hope Estate, at Fordwich, in the Hunter Valley, is owned by pharmacist Michael Hope who founded it in 1994 as Hill of Hope, changing the name last year in an agreement with CA Henschke & Co, producers of the super-premium Hill of Grace.
In 1996 he bought the disused Saxonvale Winery from Orlando Wyndham which had acquired it when Pernod Ricard-owned Orlando took over Wyndham Estate.
Hope Estate has a 2000-tonne capacity and crushed 1,200 tonnes, including 900 tonnes of its own fruit, in the 2000 vintage.
Companies: Pernod Ricard
As Pernod Ricard, Allied Domecq and Fortune Brands close in on the biggest drinks industry deal since the sale of Seagram, opinion about how the deal will be structured and who stands to win and lose ...
Maxxium Worldwide could come under pressure if Pernod and Fortune's Allied Domecq bid is successful, according to press reports today (14 April)....
It's been a quiet day on the Pernod/Allied Domecq front....
Conflicting reports circulated this weekend over whether Bacardi International is looking to form a counter-bid for Allied Domecq....
Todays press reports into Pernod and Fortune's hopes to buy Allied Domecq warn of possible conflicts and set a date for completion....
Pernod Ricard and Fortune Brands are considering a US$13 billion bid for Allied Domecq, the world's second-largest spirits company. Were it to take place, Pernod and Fortune would split Allied's brand...
Pernod Ricard and Fortune Brands are hoping to buy Allied Domecq for around 670p per share, according to press reports....
The US consumer goods group Fortune Brands has confirmed it is in talks about launching a joint bid with Pernod Ricard for Allied Domecq....
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- Remy Cointreau's YTD performance - Focus
- Remy Cointreau's bellwether Q3 - analysis
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- AB InBev targets South Africa with redundancy plan
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater 24 packaging revamp
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends