INDIA: United Spirits to sell stake in Pioneer Distilleries
United Spirits is selling a 7% sake in its subsidiary Pioneer Distilleries
United Spirits is set to sell around a 7% stake in its subsidiary Pioneer Distilleries through a one-day sale tomorrow (23 October).
The group is selling 935,982 shares in Pioneer, totalling INR45.49m (US$850,845), on the Bombay Stock Exchange, it announced late last week. The Vijay Mallya-headed group currently holds an 82% stake in Pioneer.
Last month, it was confirmed that the group is in talks with Diageo over the UK-based firm taking a stake in United Spirits, following long-running speculation.
Meanwhile, it emerged over the weekend that Mallya's airline, Kingfisher, has had its licence suspended after it failed to address the regulator's concerns about its financial situation.
The fourth and final part of this month's management briefing sees Ben Cooper consider how the future looks for the drinks industry's attempts to deal with alcohol harm and responsible consumption....
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Coca-Cola Beverages Africa - A new powerhouse
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends