INDIA: United Spirits targets wine exports
United Spirits, the Indian drinks giant, is eyeing the export market for its wine brands.
"We will definitely look at export opportunities for our wines and we should be in a position to start in the next three months," Abhay Kewadkar, head of United Spirits wine arm, told just-drinks this week.
Kewadkar said the group plans to flag its Reserve Range for the export market.
Wine sales in India are below 1% of spirits sales and, while this market is expanding, the available space in other markets is tempting to big producers like United Spirits. It aims to be producing 1m cases annually within five years.
The company has just launched two varieties of Barrique Reserve - a Cabernet Sauvignon and a Shiraz - in Maharashtra and Karnataka.
"We will have Pan India presence for this range by mid-year considering licensing procedures in certain states. Our major markets will be Delhi, Goa and West Bengal, apart from the states already mentioned", said Kewadkar.
India's UB Group has denied reducing earnings estimates for its Scotch whisky subsidiary Whyte & Mackay....
Burn Stewart Distillers is to distribute and promote Whyte & Mackay's flagship single malt Scotch whiskies in Taiwan....
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- The future for drinks industry's waste products
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- "We tried to make Bushmills hot" - Diageo CEO
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- Brexit "not a big deal" for Scotch - Diageo CEO
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends