INDIA: United Spirits Q4 profits down, sales rise
United Spirits has reported a 14% dip in net profits for the final quarter of its fiscal full-year, but net sales rose by 21% for the period.
Net profits slipped to INR556m (US$11m) for the three months to the end of March, down from INR651m during the same period last year, United Spirits said in a fourth quarter results statement yesterday (27 April).
Net sales increased by 21% to INR9.23bn for the quarter, said the group, which controls more than two thirds of India's spirits market and is part of Indian billionaire Vijay Mallya's UB Group.
United Spirits president Vikay Rekhi told just-drinks at the World Whiskies Conference in London last week that the group has "seen no effects" from the global economic downturn.
Earlier this month, United Spirits reported that case sales for its full fiscal year to the end of March rose by almost 20% to more than 88m. Rekhi told just-drinks that the firm expects more strong volume sales growth over the next couple of years.
Like prominent Indian companies in many sectors, spirits producer United Spirits India has not only benefited from the rapid development of its domestic market but is also expanding its own internatio...
Yesterday (27 August), Diageo reported its full-year results. Although the company managed to hit its full-year guidance, the group's warning that this year will be tough suggests that Diageo has its ...
United Spirit's first quarter results this week might have one wondering what all the fuss is about with the current economic downturn....
United Spirits, the India-based spirits giant, is looking to raise US$350m via a share issue to help pay down debt accrued by its acquisition of Whyte & Mackay....
United Spirits intends to raise funds via a share placement, after a collapse of talks with private equity groups over a stake sale....
Diageo is set to release a trading statement on its first fiscal quarter at the group's Annual General Meeting on Wednesday (14 October)....
Whyte & Mackay, the Scotch whisky group owned by India's United Spirits, may cut its deal to supply bulk Scotch whisky to Diageo in favour of more lucrative contracts with smaller distillers....
Whyte & Mackay is offering consumers the chance to have a Scotch whisky distilled to their personal tastes....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo rolls out vegan Baileys Almande Almondmilk
- Tsingtao Brewery issues profits warning
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends