INDIA: United Breweries profits leap in Q3
United Breweries profits leap in Q3
India's United Breweries has reported a 40% jump in net profits for its fiscal third quarter on the back of strong demand for its beers.
Net profits for three months to the end of December reached INR298.2m (US$6.55m), United Breweries said at the end of last week. Net sales increased by 38% on the same period of last year, to INR6.1bn, while operating profits before interest and exceptional items leapt by 71.5% to INR419m, said the Kingfisher lager brewer.
United Breweries has extended its lead over SABMiller in India's beer market in the last couple of years, a trend that bodes well for Heineken, which owns a 37.5% stake in United Breweries. The Heineken brand is set to launch in India within the next few months.
For the first nine months of United Breweries' fiscal year, net sales rose by 38% to INR19.4bn and net profits increased by 87% to INR1.28bn.
For the full figures, click here.
Is Kirin Holdings' increasingly messy deal for Schincariol a sign of things to come in global brewing?...
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- US craft spirits could be as big as craft beer
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends