INDIA: United Breweries Holdings MD departs
UBHL is the holding company behind India's UB Group
United Breweries Holdings Ltd (UBHL) has confirmed that its managing director has left the group after less than a year in the role.
In a one-sentence statement to the Bombay Stock Exchange late last week, the firm, which is the holding company of India's UB Group, said that V Shashikanth's resignation had been accepted. Shashikanth, who was appointed MD last August, has also stepped down as a director of the group.
At the time of his appointment as MD, it was reported he had been offered a three-year contract.
Shashikanth, 52, had worked for the UB Group for the past 22 years in various roles, according to the company's website.
Nobody was available for comment at UBHL. The group, whose chairman is Vijay Mallya, has interests ranging from beer, wine and spirits to aviation, fertilisers and engineering.
Canadean's "United Breweries Limited : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile cont...
India’s largest spirits producer, UB Group’s United Spirits, came under the control of global leader, Diageo, in 2013. The profile analyses the most promising ways forward for United Spirits’ strong d...
Soft Drinks in India industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The prof...
Alcoholic Drinks in India industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contains de...
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA head - part II
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Diageo reveals US$400m Tequila investment
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Beam Suntory strikes new Baltics tie-up
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research