CZECH REPUBLIC: United Brands to launch Cuerpo rum
Cuerpo arrives in Czech Republic
United Brands is to launch Cuerpo Cuban rum in the Czech Republic.
United Brands plans to launch Cuerpo's four different varieties - Gold, White, Mojito and Raspberry - in the country.
“We chose this particular brand because its distiller, Le Grand Chais de France, is our major partner,” Petra Šmídová, of United Brands' marketing department told just-drinks this week.
United Brands' sister company has already started to sell this Cuerpo in neighbouring Slovakia, where it has reported strong consumer demand.
The spokesperson said that the wholesale price of Cuerpo in Czech Republic is CZK100 (US$4.8) for the raspberry and mojito flavours and CZK150 for the gold and white ones.
United Brands already imports and distributes JP Chenet wines, Amarula Cream liqueur and Constellation Brands' Hardys wine.
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits