GERMANY: Underberg gains 100% of Asbach
The independent German drinks group, Underberg, has bought the remaining 50% share in the brandy company, Asbach, from Remy Cointreau. Underberg acquired a 50% stake in Asbach in 1999 so this purchase gives it complete ownership of the former United Distillers subsidiary. Underberg plans to improve efficiency at Asbach which last year recorded a marginal increase in sales after a period of decline. New launches and product re-designs are also in the pipeline for the Rudesheim-based distiller. Asbach sold 5.4 million bottles last year and is best known for its "Uralt" or aged brandy.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- What's behind Brown-Forman's Irish whiskey plans?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- How good a sustainability fit are ABI and SAB?
- Interview - Heineken global activation director
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Chandon to become "third pillar brand" for MH
- Brown-Forman silent on Southern Comfort report
- Pay freeze anger threatens Carlsberg UK site
- Stoli appoints international marketing director
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research