GERMANY: Underberg gains 100% of Asbach
The independent German drinks group, Underberg, has bought the remaining 50% share in the brandy company, Asbach, from Remy Cointreau. Underberg acquired a 50% stake in Asbach in 1999 so this purchase gives it complete ownership of the former United Distillers subsidiary. Underberg plans to improve efficiency at Asbach which last year recorded a marginal increase in sales after a period of decline. New launches and product re-designs are also in the pipeline for the Rudesheim-based distiller. Asbach sold 5.4 million bottles last year and is best known for its "Uralt" or aged brandy.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's full-year performance by region
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Asahi Group to buy Grolsch, Peroni from SABMiller