GERMANY: Underberg gains 100% of Asbach
The independent German drinks group, Underberg, has bought the remaining 50% share in the brandy company, Asbach, from Remy Cointreau. Underberg acquired a 50% stake in Asbach in 1999 so this purchase gives it complete ownership of the former United Distillers subsidiary. Underberg plans to improve efficiency at Asbach which last year recorded a marginal increase in sales after a period of decline. New launches and product re-designs are also in the pipeline for the Rudesheim-based distiller. Asbach sold 5.4 million bottles last year and is best known for its "Uralt" or aged brandy.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts