GERMANY: Underberg gains 100% of Asbach
The independent German drinks group, Underberg, has bought the remaining 50% share in the brandy company, Asbach, from Remy Cointreau. Underberg acquired a 50% stake in Asbach in 1999 so this purchase gives it complete ownership of the former United Distillers subsidiary. Underberg plans to improve efficiency at Asbach which last year recorded a marginal increase in sales after a period of decline. New launches and product re-designs are also in the pipeline for the Rudesheim-based distiller. Asbach sold 5.4 million bottles last year and is best known for its "Uralt" or aged brandy.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Edrington’s The Macallan 40 Year Old - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new Oakheart rum packs to US
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends