INDIA: UB Group reports beer and spirits growth
India's UB Group has reported strong third-quarter results for its brewing and distilling operations.
United Breweries Limited, India's largest brewer, saw volumes rise 22% during the three months to 31 December, outperforming an Indian beer market growing 14%. UB saw net profit from its beer operations rise more than five-fold to INR92.4m (US$2.1m).
UB witnessed the strongest growth in India's strong beer segment with sales of Kingfisher Strong growing by 36%. The growth in total sales pushed UB's share of the Indian beer market to close to 50%.
UB's flagship distilling operations, McDowell & Co, saw third-quarter net profits more than double to INR 170.8m, on the back of net sales of INR4bn. McDowell & Co saw volume sales rise 4% to 19.5m cases.
Companies: United Breweries Limited
Having consolidated its spirits operations into one company, UB Group is looking to build on its position of strength in the Indian market and establish itself internationally. Euromonitor Internation...
The second part of a report on the Indian soft drinks market from analysts Euromonitor examines the progress of non-carbonated sectors, looking at the growth of the bottled water category and the pote...
India's largest brewer, United Breweries, is to spend INR4bn (US$90.7m) on boosting its brewing capacity as it aims to keep pace with the country's booming beer market....
The United Breweries-Scottish & Newcastle combine may buy Australian beer maker Foster's franchise in India, according to market sources....
SABMiller has entered into an agreement with the UB Group to market the Indian company's whisky brand Royal Challenge....
UK-based brewing group Scottish & Newcastle (S&N) has issued an upbeat trading statement for the first nine months of the year....
United Breweries Group (UB) is planning to launch three more wine brands in the Indian market....
InBev may be entering the Indian market soon through a joint-venture....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Can fruit cider survive UK slowdown? - Focus
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- Beam Suntory rolls out Larios gin range to UK
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends