INDIA: UB demerges beer arm in plan to part-divest
United Breweries India Ltd. (UB) has decided to demerge its Brewery SBU into a separate company called BrewCo. The move is in preparation of the partial (26% or more) divestment of the beer arm a 'strategic' partner. The demerger/divestment is being recommended by UB's two advisers Deloitte Haskins and Sells and Infrastructure Leasing & Finance Co. It will be executed by Kotak Mahindra, a finance and mutual funds company.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Molson Coors names UK & Ireland managing director
- Pernod Ricard offloads Domecq brandies, wines
- TWE renames Blossom Hill fruit wine range