AUSTRIA: Turnover up at Stock Austria
The company attributed the rise in turnover to a 14.8% year-on-year increase in export volumes. Stock Austria is aiming to increase exports further during 2002 and is looking to strengthen its position in Germany, the Netherlands and Scandinavia. During 2001, Stock Austria, which has around 21% of the Austrian spirits market, took over the distribution of Absolut vodka and of the Campari brands Cynar and Crodino in Austria.
The rum market may be dominated by white rum - and by one brand in particular - but Larry Watson, managing director, distribution division, at Jamaican rum producer, J Wray & Nephew, believes there is...
Diageo's spiced rum brand, Captain Morgan, has made strong gains in the US spirits market but, as David Robertson reports, it has so far been unable to replicate this success in other markets....
Flavoured vodkas have been a major success story in the US where they have prospered on the back of strong sector growth and premiumisation. With European markets also showing consistent growth and so...
The Absolut Spirits Company has acquired a controlling interest in US-based rum, brandy and wine supplier Cruzan International....
Davide Campari-Milano S.p.A. has seen a 2.6% rise in sales drive growth across all profitability indicators in the first half of the year....
US investment house Citigroup Smith Barney has cut its rating on Italian drinks group Davide Campari-Milano SpA from "buy" to "hold"....
The Absolut Spirits Company (ASCI) has received the go-ahead from the US Federal Trade Commission for its acquisition of Cruzan International....
Goldman Sachs has initiated coverage of Davide Campari-Milano shares....
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- The European beer market - Focus
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Corporate Relations Director to leave Diageo
- Bacardi names new global communications head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Diageo, Nolets unveil latest Ketel One campaign