UK: Tsingtao launches ping pong cinema ad - video
Chinese brewer Tsingtao is aiming to up its UK profile with the launch of a new month-long cinema ad campaign.
The ad, which launches in around 3,000 UK cinemas today (24 January), features British model and actress Amy Jackson and actor Jamie Cho taking part in a game of ping pong. The push is part of a bid to attract consumers to Tsingtao's 'Dragon' Ping Pong tournaments, based around the brewer's robotic ping pong figure, the Dragon Master, the brand's UK distributor Halewood International said today (24 January).
Total spend on the campaign was not disclosed.
James Wright, Tsingtao's international sales & marketing controller, said:“The advert will also align the brand with an upmarket and younger audience during Oscar season, and convey the excitement of the upcoming Dragon Ping Pong events taking place across the UK.”
Last August, Tsingtao, which is 20%-owned by Japan's Asahi Breweries, posted a healthy lift in both sales and profits for the first six months of 2013.
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- The Future of Cocktails - Consumer Trends
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Global water targets risk hiding local concerns
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- Jose Cuervo applies to go public
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends