ASIA: Tsingtao Brewery to sponsor AFC Champions League
Tsingtao will sponsor the AFC Champions League for three years
Tsingtao Brewery has partnered with the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) to become the official sponsor for the AFC Champions League soccer tournament.
At a press conference in Kuala Lumpur yesterday (10 December), the Chinese brewer said that it will sponsor the event for three years, starting next year. Neither the AFC nor Tsingtao gave specific financial details or operating aspects of the agreement.
The deal follows Chinese team Guangzhou Evergrande’s rise to the top in this year's tournament, becoming the first Chinese team to win the AFC Champions League in 23 years.
According to AFC, the second leg of the 2013 final in November reached the highest average audience in China since 2004, with 30m viewers.
AFC is one of FIFA’s six continental confederations and has 47 member countries in Asia and the Middle East.
Earlier this year, Tsingtao, which is 20%-owned by Japan's Asahi Breweries, posted a healthy lift in both sales and profits for the first six months of 2013.
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Britvic hits make-or-break time for US Fruit Shoot
- Beam Suntory to sell brandy & sherry to Emperador
- Former Diageo exec joins William Grant in LatAm
- A-B InBev mulls sale of Peroni, Grolsch - report
- Carlsberg "most likely" to buy Grolsch, Peroni
- A-B InBev embroiled in Caribbean "poison-pill" row
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts