CHINA: Tsingtao Brewery to acquire beer co - report
Tsingtao Brewery Co to buy Guangdong Vigour - report
Tsingtao Brewery is to acquire Guangdong Vigour Beer Co in China, according to a report.
Tsingtao, which is 20%-owned by Asahi Group, has won a bidding process for Guangdong Vigour, according to a report by China-based Sinocast today (30 November), which cited a company announcement. Financial details of the deal were not disclosed.
If confirmed, the purchase will increase competition between brewers in China's southerly Guangdong province. It also strengthens Tsingtao's footprint in the country's emergent beer market.
Last month, Tsingtao reported an 11.4% rise in nine-month net profits, driven by strong demand for its namesake beer brand. In the third quarter, however, profits dipped by almost 1%.
An Asahi Group move for StarBev looks dubious, even if the reports are true....
SABMiller is going to need time to turn around the recently-acquired Foster's Group brewing unit in Australia, according to an analyst....
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Britvic hits make-or-break time for US Fruit Shoot
- Beam Suntory to sell brandy & sherry to Emperador
- Former Diageo exec joins William Grant in LatAm
- A-B InBev mulls sale of Peroni, Grolsch - report
- This week in spirits & wine
- Poland warning sends Stock Spirits shares tumbling
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts