Product Launch - US: Tropical Smoothie Cafe's Island Green, Caribbean Carrot Smoothies
Click through to view Tropical Smoothie Cafe's Island Green and Caribbean Carrot Smoothies
Tropical Smoothie Cafe's Island Green, Caribbean Carrot Smoothies
Category - Soft drinks, smoothies, vegetables, fruit
Available - From 1 March
Location - US, at Tropical Smoothie Cafe's 337 franchise locations
Price - Info not yet available
Beverage and meals franchise Tropical Smoothie Cafe has added two vegetable-based smoothies to its healthy-drinks portfolio.
Island Green and Caribbean Carrot smoothies are a mix of five servings of vegetables and fruit, Tropical Smoothie Cafe said today (26 February). The company said the new drinks will help it “set ourselves apart” and ensure customers get more nutrients in their juice.
- Island Green Smoothie: made with spinach, kale, mango, pineapple and banana
- Caribbean Carrot Smoothie: contains carrots, mango, banana, goji and orange juice
Last week, Savse, an independent smoothie maker from the country of Georgia, launched three vegetable-and-fruit smoothies in the UK.
Tropical Smoothie Cafe, the fast-growing franchise known for healthy food with a tropical twist, is offering the world a whole new way to consume their fruits and vegetables: drinking them. Available at all locations starting March 1, 2013, the 337-unit chain is unveiling two new smoothies – the Island Green and Caribbean Carrot – both of which are packed with five full servings of fruits and vegetables.
With a heavy focus on health and nutrition and a serious commitment to its "Eat Better, Feel Better" mantra, Tropical Smoothie Cafe's new Island Green and Caribbean Carrot smoothies are overflowing with fresh fruits and vegetables that nourish the body and gratify the taste buds. The new smoothies include:
- Island Green Smoothie: Made with fresh spinach, kale, mango, pineapple and banana
- Caribbean Carrot Smoothie: Contains carrots, mango, banana, goji and orange juice.
"We are really setting ourselves apart here by incorporating the entire fruit and vegetable into the smoothies, ensuring our customers get more nutrients than just the juice," said Mike Rotondo , CEO of Tropical Smoothie Cafe. "Most people hear kale and spinach smoothies and are immediately turned off. We want customers to know that eating better not only feels better, but it can taste better too. Super foods have never tasted so good."
In addition to the new vegetable smoothies, Tropical Smoothie Cafe is introducing a "Feel Better Favorites" menu that features seven healthy meal options starting at 380 calories, such as the Thai Chicken Salad and Baja Chicken Flatbread, made with fresh, high-quality ingredients that are bursting with flavor. These "Feel Better Favorite" meals combine existing and new menu options into low-calorie meals loaded with great taste and health benefits.
As Tropical Smoothie Cafe continues to expand its healthy menu options, it furthers its standing as the best place in the neighborhood for great food and smoothies. Tropical Smoothie Cafe offers a variety of smoothies, specialty wraps, sandwiches, grilled flatbreads and salads.
Original source: Company Release
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- Focus - Coca-Cola's Q1 Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Elements 8 revamps rum packaging
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report