UK: Treasury Wine Estates unveils plans for Wolf Blass Ashes legends match
TWE's Wolf Blass brand is backing the event
Treasury Wine Estates is aiming to recreate its own Ashes rivalry this summer with a 'legends' cricket match backed by its Wolf Blass brand.
The event, being held at Sir Paul Getty’s private ground, in Wormsley, Buckinghamshire, on 17 July, will feature ex-English and Australian cricketers. The match is being organised "with the assistance" of ex-Essex and England captain Graham Gooch, TWE said at a press briefing in London on Friday (15 March).
Tickets for the event will only be available through a competition being run through a bespoke Wolf Blass website.
Wolf Blass bottles in stores will feature a neck collar in the shape of a cricket ball giving consumers details of how to enter the competition, TWE said.
Players involved in the match will be announced in the coming weeks, the company added.
The match is unlikely to be televised, but Shaun Heyes, TWE's customer marketing controller, said the company is "having conversations" with Sky TV who "may cover it in news items".
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Brown-Forman's H1 performance by region, brand
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Brown-Forman's barrel sales take Scotch hit
- Angostura places CEO on administrative leave
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends