Product Launch - NZ/EUROPE: Treasury Wine Estates' Matua Lands & Legends
Click through to view the new Matua
Treasury Wine Estates' Matua Lands & Legends
Category - Wine, New Zealand, Sauvignon Blanc & Pinot Noir, 13.5% abv
Available - Since last month in New Zealand, from this month in Europe
Location - New Zealand, Europe
Price - UK SRP of GBP18.99 (US$31) for Sauvignon Blanc, GBP19.99 for Pinot Noir
Distribution - Treasury Wine Estates
Treasury Wine Estates (TWE) has launched an extension to its New Zealand Matua label that aims to further drive growth in the region's wine.
Matua Lands & Legends comprises two variants - Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc and Central Otago Pinot Noir - and claims to be inspired by Maori myths. The expressions were launched in New Zealand last month and are being rolled out to European markets, Treasury Wine Estates told just-drinks at Prowein 2014 today (24 March).
Mathew Bird, marketing director for Europe, Middle East & Africa at TWE, said: “Matua has become a priority brand for TWE based upon its quality credentials, differentiated positioning, retailer confidence and strong rate of sale. Over the past 12 months, Matua has secured major new listings across the board, helping drive the NZ wine category. We are excited to have a new range to fuel further value growth within key channels and premium price segments.”
TWE highlighted lower earnings in New Zealand in its H1 results released in February that drove operating profits in Australia & New Zealand down by 30%.
Canadean's "Treasury Wine Estates Limited - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major prod...
The CEO of Treasury Wine Estates has admitted there is still a "lot of work" for the group to do in the US, despite seeing healthy growth for its higher-end brands....
Synopsis The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global spirits market during June 2014. Summary Using this report, marketers will effectively gain an insight into the l...
Synopsis The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global wine market during June 2014. Summary Using this report, marketers will effectively gain an insight into the late...
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?