AUS: Treasury Wine Estates beefs up Travel Retail unit
Treasury Wine Estates wants to expand its Travel Retail presence
Treasury Wine Estates (TWE) has confirmed plans to increase its Travel Retail footprint with three newly-created posts.
Tom King will join as global Travel Retail commercial director, while Alexandre Bussiere will become global Travel Retail customer marketing director and Gordon Buchannan is the new sales manager for Travel Retail UK & continental Europe, the Australian wine maker announced today (6 December). The appointments, scheduled for late next month, will help drive growth in the key sector, TWE said.
“Our ambition is to significantly grow the size of our global Travel Retail business over the next five years, to become a genuine leader in the category,” said TWE's MD for global Travel Retail, Andrew Carter. “Today, wine is under-represented in the global Travel Retail market, with spirits tending to dominate - we want to change that.”
King previously worked for Bacardi, most recently as global Travel Retail finance director. Bussiere was DFS's Travel Retail wine category merchandising manager, while Buchannan was also with Bacardi, as Travel Retail regional manager UK & Ireland.
Carter also worked in Bacardi's Travel Retail unit prior to joining TWE in April.
After nearly 20 years of working in the beer and spirits categories, Andrew Carter pitched up at Treasury Wine Estates (TWE) last year charged with leading the group's Europe, Middle East and Asia reg...
Earlier this week, brand valuation consultancy Intangible Business released the results of its latest survey of the world's spirits brands. Here's a look at the top ten, along with the methodology use...
The ten fastest-growing spirits brands in the US ranked by percentage increase in volume in 2012 versus 2011: ...
The many facets of rum reflect a versatility that looks set to keep an already growing category moving in the right direction, according to a new report from just-drinks and The IWSR....
Bacardi has launched a marketing push behind its namesake rum brand that pays homage to its Cuban roots. ...
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Britvic's FY Performance by Region - Focus
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Beam Suntory to sell brandy & sherry to Emperador
- This week in spirits & wine
- Craft, imports near 50% share in US on-trade
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts