MIDDLE EAST/AFRICA: Treasury Wine Estates appoints ex-Bacardi exec as unit Travel Retail boss
TWE is upping its focus on Travel Retail in the Middle East, Africa region
Treasury Wine Estates (TWE) has expanded its global Travel Retail team by appointing a new head for its Middle East and Africa (MEA) unit.
Daevid Warren, who has spent the last six years working for Bacardi, took up the newly-created role of TWE's regional business manager for the channel on 1 June, the company said late yesterday (10 July). Based in Dubai, Warren is leading the MEA region in both domestic and global Travel Retail.
A TWE spokesperson told just-drinks the appointment signalled a "much closer focus" on the region for the group.
It comes after TWE last week announced the appointment of a new president for its Asia and Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA) unit.
Warren, who has been based in Dubai for the last three years as Bacardi Martini's senior regional manager, is charged with “driving strong long-term partnerships” and “establishing Penfolds as a global luxury icon brand”.
Tom King, TWE's global Travel Retail general manager, said: “MEA is a strategically important channel for TWE and he (Warren) will play a key role in delivering our ambitions.”
TWE has also appointed Hayley Loveridge and Julia McKie to its global Travel Retail sales and marketing team.
TWE has been through a tumultous time of late, with the group fending off a takeover bid and dealing with speculation around its future ownership. Last month, CEO Michael Clarke announced a raft of changes as the company battles a volatile global wine market and a struggling US unit.
Canadean's "Treasury Wine Estates Limited - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major prod...
Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offering...
Bacardi has released a spiced extension of its namesake rum brand....
Bacardi Limited - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides a comprehensive insight into the company’s history, corporate strategy, business structure and operations. The report contains a detailed SWOT...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- Comment - A New Age of VR Marketing?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- Analysis - Will Diageo call time on wine?
- CCE head shines light on price talks
- Diageo considers wine operations sale
- NPD: Bacardi's Bacardi Carta Fuego
- A-B InBev approves new chairman
- Coca-Cola Co promotes North America chief
- Bacardi widens Craigellachie footprint to Asia
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo Plc in Wine (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets