INDIA: Tilaknagar Industries open to deals after Pernod Ricard, Suntory reports
Tilaknagar has discussed the possibility of tie-ups
The company, which produces around 40 Indian Made Foreign Liquor Brands, did not comment directly on yesterday's report in the country's Business Standard newspaper. But, in a statement to the Bombay Stock Exchange today (8 August) the company said at "several" times it has been "exploring various types of business associations, tie-ups, relationships ... across players in the domestic and international markets".
The group, which yesterday reported a jumped in Q1 sales and profits, said the discussions "may or may not" come to fruition.
When contacted by just-drinks today (8 August), a spokesperson for Pernod Ricard said the company will not comment during its closed period.
Nobody from Suntory was immediately available for comment.
To read an exclusive in-depth focus on Tilaknagar Industries, click here.
With recent claims that China has become the world's biggest consumer of red wine, Chris Losh considers what wine producers can learn from the current travails facing international spirits companies i...
The flavoured vodka category has been a growth engine of the spirits sector for some time, but new research from just-drinks suggests that the sub-category no longer represents the easy route to growt...
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- A snapshot of the UK spirits market - Focus
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends