UK: Tia Maria teams with Funkin for at-home cocktail push
Tia Maria and Funkin will push at-home cocktails in the UK
Illva Saronno's Tia Maria liqueur brand has been partnered with Funkin cocktail mixers in the UK for an end-of-year promotion pack.
William Grant & Sons' First Drinks unit, the UK sales, marketing and distribution agent for Tia Maria, said earlier this week that around 90,000 units of the liqueur will be paired with Funkin's Espresso Martini cocktail mixer across the country's off-trade. The packs, which will be available with 70cl and 1-litre bottles of Tia Maria, are designed to encourage consumers to create a Tia Maria Espresso Martini cocktail at home.
“Consumers are more influenced than ever before by their on-trade experiences and are looking to re-create a special experience in the home,” said Will Thompson, senior brand manager for Tia Maria at First Drinks. “The Tia Maria and Funkin partnership … will ensure the brand is front of mind when consumers next visit the on-trade.”
The packs launched earlier this month.
Illva Saronno acquired Tia Maria from Pernod Ricard in 2009, handing the UK distribution rights to First Drinks later in the year.
"The Future of the Wine Market in the United Arab Emirates to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape" is the result of Canadean’s extensive market and co...
Business Monitor International's France Food and Drink Report provides industry professionals and strategists, corporate analysts, food and drink associations, government departments and regulatory bo...
Colombia has shown an interesting development in the luxury industry, and the alcoholic drinks category has not been indifferent to the trend. Some examples of new premium lines that appeared in 2012 ...
Pernod Ricard has lifted the curtain on a "multi-million pound" visitor centre at its Beefeater gin distillery in London....
Rémy Cointreau punches above its weight in spirits, having established itself as a major global player in cognac despite its relatively small size compared to Pernod Ricard and LVMH. China has been it...
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Diageo adds to Entourage tie-up - video
- NPD: Brewdog's Born to Die
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review