FRANCE: Thiénot doubles size with Bordeaux buy
French Champagne house Thiénot has doubled its size in taking a majority stake in Bordeaux-based wine grower and trader Modus Vin, the parent company of CVBG Dourthe Kressmann, Tarride Ledroit and SAS Chateau de Sérame.
The family firm said the purchase will allow it to become "one of the key players in the French wine market", and is "the first step in establishing a new multi-regional group specialising in the production and distribution of quality wine".
The transaction sees the departure of Modu Vin's main shareholders, Crédit Agricole et Péchel Industries and its president Jean-Marie Chadronnier, who is also president of the Vinexpo trade fair.
The deal "immediately offers CVBG Dourthe-Kressmann the opportunity to expand its viticultural interests as it takes over the management of Thiénot's Bordeaux properties," the company said.
"Likewise Thiénot will be able to develop its international business thanks to the strength and success of CVBG Dourthe-Kressmann in export markets, which represented 65% of its business in 2006."
Despite being only a few days into 2007, attention is already turning towards the summer and the exhibition season. Earlier this month, the team that organises the biennial Bordeaux extravaganza Vinex...
Chinese wine producer Wuliangye Yibin has posted a rise in its unaudited net profit figures for the first half of the year....
French wine group Castel is set to buy Friedrich, the Bag-in Box (BIB) market leader in France, for an undisclosed sum....
South African producers at Vinexpo 2007 today (20 June) finally welcomed the arrival of their wine samples, impounded by French customs causing them to miss three days of the world's largest wine trad...
Coming up at this year's Vinexpo in Bordeaux…...
Coming up at this year's VinExpo in Bordeaux…...
A discount offer made by VinExpo to New World wine countries has come under scrutiny today (17 April)....
China and Russia are set to break into the top ten of light wine consuming countries by 2010, according to research from wine trade fair Vinexpo....
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Much Work to do on Packaging in the US
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Tough US hits Mast-Jagermeister volumes in 2014
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- George Clooney launches Tequila Casamigos in UK
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report