USA: The Perrier Group Acquires Northern Californian Bottled Water Company

By Company Press Release | 12 December 2000

The Perrier Group of America announced today its agreement to acquire Black Mountain Spring Water, Incorporated, a Northern California bottled spring water company. Terms of the deal were not disclosed. Black Mountain Spring Water manufactures and distributes bottled spring water from one Northern California plant to the home and office delivery and retail channels. The company, with 276 employees and estimated year 2000 revenues of $37 million, has 80 percent of its operations in home and office delivery, and the remaining 20 percent in the retail channel. Black Mountain is ranked second in the home and office channel in Northern California, with strong market density and share.

just-drinks articles are only available to registered users and members.

Join now for increased access

There are various access options to choose from. All provide instant access to the latest news, insight and expert analysis.

If you’re already a member, login here.

The Perrier Group of America announced today its agreement to acquire Black Mountain Spring Water, Incorporated, a Northern California bottled spring water company. Terms of the deal were not disclosed. Black Mountain Spring Water manufactures and distributes bottled spring water from one Northern California plant to the home and office delivery and retail channels. The company, with 276 employees and estimated year 2000 revenues of $37 million, has 80 percent of its operations in home and office delivery, and the remaining 20 percent in the retail channel. Black Mountain is ranked second in the home and office channel in Northern California, with strong market density and share.

  • Unlimited access to all the latest global beverage news and insight
  • Expert analysis that puts the news into context
  • Exclusive interviews with leading industry figures
  • Monthly management briefings with detailed analysis on hot topics
  • Personalised RSS feeds and email newsletters
  • 10-year archive of news, insight and intelligence
  • Discounts on just-drinks market research
  • Plus much more

If you’re already a member, login here

Not what you were looking for?

Search just-drinks:

More articles related to this one

PORTUGAL: Nestle to acquire HOD business - report
Nestle Waters Direct Portugal is to by the Portuguese office delivery water company Peyroteo & Caravela, it was reported this week.

FRANCE: Nestle to link Contrex and Vittel – report
Nestle Waters is to bottle its Contrex and Vittel water brands at the same plant in France, according to local press reports.

US: Nestea to launch Nestea Ice in the US
Nestea, the tea brand developed jointly by Coca-Cola and Nestle, has announced that it is to introduce Nestea Ice, already available in the Asia-Pacific region, in the US.

just-drinks tagline

Not a member? Join here

Decrease font sizeDecrease font sizeDecrease font size Increase font sizeIncrease font sizeIncrease font size Comment on this article Email this to a friend Print this page