UK: The Kraken set for UK TV push
Proximo Spirits is to run its first UK consumer advertising for The Kraken spiced rum.
Three ads, which originally appeared in a US campaign, will appear on TV-on-demand and in cinemas in September and October to raise awareness in the run-up to Halloween and Christmas. All three can be viewed below.
Dave Steward, business development director at distributor Marblehead, said: “We’re in Tesco, Sainsbury’s and Waitrose and distribution is arguably running ahead of where we need to be on marketing.
“We set a target of 4,000 cases in the first year but hit 11,000, and in the current year [to June 2013] we should reach 25,000.”
Marblehead has just launched The Kraken in Ireland through distributor Febvre Wines.
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA head - part II
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Diageo reveals US$400m Tequila investment
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Beam Suntory strikes new Baltics tie-up
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future