UK: The Famous Grouse launches Burns Night whisky
Scotch whisky brand The Famous Grouse is to release 250 bottles of 37-year-old blended malt Scotch to coincide with the 250th anniversary of the birth of Robert Burns.
The whisky, specially created and valued at upwards of GBP400 (US$584), will be auctioned off at Burns Night Suppers around the world, with a minimum GBP10,000 going to selected charities, The Famous Grouse said today (6 January).
The move takes place in conjunction with Homecoming Scotland 2009.
Burns Night takes place every year on the 25 January, commemorating the life of the Scottish poet.
Scottish artist John Byrne was commissioned to create an original drawing of Robert Burns to be printed on The Famous Grouse 37-year-old bottles' labels.
More than 1,500 Burns Night dinners have so far registered with Homecoming Scotland.
There are circumstances when tradition and heritage are to be cherished and there are others when both can hang like dead weights around your neck....
Talks between Diageo and Scotland's first minister Alex Salmond over the drinks giant's proposal to cut 10% of its workforce in the country have been constructive, the firm said....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
A super premium Scottish gin, named Caorunn, has been launched in the UK by International Beverage Holdings, the global arm of ThaiBev....
Blavod Extreme Spirits has become the sole UK distributor for Bruichladdich, the Islay-based Scotch whisky distiller....
Diageo's plan to chop more than 10% of its workforce in Scotland marks the end of an era for the drinks giant's Johnnie Walker whisky brand....
Diageo is to cut more than 10% of its workforce in Scotland as part of a restructuring of its operations in the country....
European spirits firms have welcomed a commitment from Turkey to the EU that it will phase out higher taxes on imported spirits, compared to domestic products....
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Coca-Cola Beverages Africa - A new powerhouse
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends