UK: The Famous Grouse and Maxxium choose Woo for Scotch push
London-based Woo, part of the Engine Group, said today (25 July) that it will now handle below-the-line activity for The Edrington Group's flagship Scotch whisky brand in both the UK and overseas markets.
Famous Grouse director Gerry O'Donnell said: "Woo's team clearly demonstrated expertise in handling major leading brands at home and abroad and were very forward thinking in their ideas to help us maintain The Famous Grouse's global position as Scotland's favourite whisky."
Maxxium UK's marketing manager for Scotch whiskies, Emma Heath, said: "Woo's proposal stood out as the one that would provide us with the strongest platform to address our key strategic challenges in the UK."
Woo Communications managing director Mark Reardon added: "There is no doubt that spirit brands, and Scotch whisky in particular, face interesting challenges going forward. We are really excited about working with Maxxium UK and The Famous Grouse and are honoured to have been asked by such a globally renowned iconic brand to help them develop their future plans"
Other clients of Woo include Inbev and GlaxoSmithKline.
Woo will start working with The Famous Grouse and Maxxium UK on a number of projects with immediate effect.
Constellation's US$885m purchase of Fortune Brands' wine portfolio further adds to the acquisitive US company's impressive line-up. Chris Losh believes the deal makes perfect sense for Constellation, ...
The Edrington Group is looking to sell off one of its disused Scotch whisky distilleries to a consortium of Eastern Europeans, according to local reports....
Pacific Beverages, the joint venture between SABMiller and Coca-Cola Amatil, has acquired a brewer in Australia....
Maxxium Worldwide has unveiled a new on-trade serving suggestion for its core range of spirits....
The chairman of Remy Cointreau has confirmed that the company is set to create its own distribution company in China and South-East Asia....
The Edrington Group has lined up a pre-Christmas television advertising campaign across the UK for its Scotch brand The Famous Grouse....
Maxxium Worldwide has reported record sales in its mid year results....
Remy Cointreau has launched its Piper-Heidsieck Champagne brand from a different viewpoint, with the bottle balancing on its top....
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Diageo adds to Entourage tie-up - video
- NPD: Brewdog's Born to Die
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review