UK: The Famous Grouse and Maxxium choose Woo for Scotch push
London-based Woo, part of the Engine Group, said today (25 July) that it will now handle below-the-line activity for The Edrington Group's flagship Scotch whisky brand in both the UK and overseas markets.
Famous Grouse director Gerry O'Donnell said: "Woo's team clearly demonstrated expertise in handling major leading brands at home and abroad and were very forward thinking in their ideas to help us maintain The Famous Grouse's global position as Scotland's favourite whisky."
Maxxium UK's marketing manager for Scotch whiskies, Emma Heath, said: "Woo's proposal stood out as the one that would provide us with the strongest platform to address our key strategic challenges in the UK."
Woo Communications managing director Mark Reardon added: "There is no doubt that spirit brands, and Scotch whisky in particular, face interesting challenges going forward. We are really excited about working with Maxxium UK and The Famous Grouse and are honoured to have been asked by such a globally renowned iconic brand to help them develop their future plans"
Other clients of Woo include Inbev and GlaxoSmithKline.
Woo will start working with The Famous Grouse and Maxxium UK on a number of projects with immediate effect.
Constellation's US$885m purchase of Fortune Brands' wine portfolio further adds to the acquisitive US company's impressive line-up. Chris Losh believes the deal makes perfect sense for Constellation, ...
The Edrington Group is looking to sell off one of its disused Scotch whisky distilleries to a consortium of Eastern Europeans, according to local reports....
Pacific Beverages, the joint venture between SABMiller and Coca-Cola Amatil, has acquired a brewer in Australia....
Maxxium Worldwide has unveiled a new on-trade serving suggestion for its core range of spirits....
The chairman of Remy Cointreau has confirmed that the company is set to create its own distribution company in China and South-East Asia....
The Edrington Group has lined up a pre-Christmas television advertising campaign across the UK for its Scotch brand The Famous Grouse....
Maxxium Worldwide has reported record sales in its mid year results....
Remy Cointreau has launched its Piper-Heidsieck Champagne brand from a different viewpoint, with the bottle balancing on its top....
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Making consumers the centre of your business
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research