GLOBAL: The Coca-Cola Co leads PepsiCo in "most-chosen" list
Coca-Cola came second in global penetration
The Coca-Cola Co has topped its category in a survey of the world's most chosen brands.
The US company's namesake cola brand was the biggest-selling fast-moving consumer good in the Kantor World Panel brand ranking, Kantor said today (2 May). Coca-Cola was chosen 5.3bn times a year compared to 3.3bn times for second-place Colgate, according to Kantor statistics.
Nescafe came in third with 2.3bn selections while PepsiCo was fourth with 1.8bn, Kantor said. It is the first time the list has been compiled.
In terms of global penetration, Coca-Cola was second with 44% compared to Colgate's 65%. However, Coca-Cola has a higher frequency of purchase, Kantor said.
In a survey last year, Coca-Cola retained its position as the world's most valuable drinks brand.
It's always fun for us to write up the opinions of industry observers when they posit that the next wave of consolidation in one sector or another is set to break some time soon....
This month, Tom Vierhile from Datamonitor looks at the small but booming soft drink sub-category of 'flavour enhancers'; the 21st Century's answer to the squashes and cordials of yore....
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Coca-Cola Beverages Africa - A new powerhouse
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends