SPAIN: The Coca-Cola Co launches caffeine-free Coke Zero
Coke Zero caffeine-free launches in Spain
Caffeine-free Coke Zero will be sold 330ml PET in both restaurants and supermarkets. The company would not provide sales forecasts to just-drinks when contacted this week.
The move is the fourth drinks launch from Coca-Cola in Spain this year. The US soft drinks giant has already launched Minute Maid Todo Naranja [all orange], Burn Shot and the new Aquarius Libre sports drink.
Coca-Cola has been working to introduce low-sugar and caffeine-free products to cater to increasingly health-conscious consumers in Spain.
"This is one more bet they are making to expand the Coke Zero franchise which has been very successful here," said a company insider, who did not wish to be named. According to Nielsen, caffeine-free Coke and caffeine-free Diet Coke account for 70% of the caffeine-free soft drinks market in Spain.
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Protein interest offers drinks opportunities - NPD
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Rum "yet to maximise" GTR potential - Bacardi
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China