S AFRICA: The Coca-Cola Co, Diageo launch water partnership
'Safe Water for Africa' is designed to work with communities across the continent
The 'Safe Water for Africa' (SWA) partnership, announced yesterday (4 May), aims to drive WHI's water delivery model across the continent. Coca-Cola, Diageo, and WHI have committed around US$6m to the project, which will run across Ghana, Nigeria, and Liberia in 2011.
New country programmes are expected to be announced in 2012. The partnership said it plans to raise around $20m in total for the project by the end of next year.
"Easy access to safe drinking water is critical for the economic development of Africa," said Diageo Africa's president, Nick Blazquez. "SWA brings together leaders in the private sector who share a common commitment in making a meaningful contribution to the achievement of the Millennium Development Goals."
The United Nation's Millennium Development Goals aim to achieve eight anti-poverty goals by 2015, including commitments for women's and children's health and other initiatives against poverty, hunger and disease.
It's crystal ball time for Ray Rowlands from DrinksInfo. This month, Ray takes a guess at what future trends in soft drinks and water will shape the categories in the months and years to come....
Diageo's CEO, Paul Walsh, has again been heard to criticise UK Government tax policy for driving the company's top people abroad, but global drinks market trends look just as culpable....
An alliance announced this morning (4 November) between PepsiCo and Tingyi Holding has been hailed by analysts as a smart move for both firms, and a signal that competition is set to intensify in Chin...
Diageo has created an independent advisory panel to help the group's regional and global management make the most of the growing Indian alcohol market....
Beam Inc has made a strong case for its viability as a free-floating spirits company, but analysts continue to question how long the drinks industry's bigger fish allow the firm to continue....
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- What's in store for Super Bowl 50 - Focus
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Carlsberg's Q4 & Full Year - Preview
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- Diageo's Oban Little Bay single malt Scotch - NPD
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research