UK: The Balvenie to get pre-Christmas push in UK
William Grant & Sons has launched a UK marketing campaign for its single malt Scotch The Balvenie in the run-up to Christmas.
The family-owned distiller said yesterday (24 September) that the activity, which involves brand partnerships, sponsorship, tasting sessions and whisky masterclasses, begins this month in an effort to raise the brand profile and awareness in the country.
The Balvenie at First Drinks Brands senior brand manager Geraldine Roche said: "The Balvenie has always valued and maintained a high standard of craftsmanship. Our partners identify with these values where traditional skills have been retained to achieve the highest skills and quality in their field."
The Balvenie partners include Savile Row tailor Gieves & Hawkes, where customers will be poured a dram at bespoke fittings and Geo F Trumper barbers, where customers will be able to drink The Balvenie whilst receiving a hot shave, the company said.
Whisky masterclasses will be hosted by The Balvenie global ambassador, David Mair, at various National Trust events around the UK. In October, The Balvenie will be served as the official whisky of the Alfred Dunhill Links Pro-Am Golf Championship at Carnoustie Golf Course. Tasting sessions will also be held at private members clubs in London and at yacht clubs on the south coast over the coming months, the company added.
Geographic appellations have existed in the wine world for centuries. In the spirits sector, however, the appellation has been much more sparingly used. But geographical definition is at the core of S...
The steep rise in alcohol duties announced in yesterday's Budget, which the Government says will help to tackle binge drinking, follows the publication of its review of the 2005 Licensing Act last wee...
Diageo has hailed the repositioning of J&B for improving the Scotch whisky brand's performance....
William Grant & Sons has launched a marketing campaign and packaging update for its Three Barrels Rare Old French Brandy in the UK....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Harviestoun Brewery has lined up the launch of its line of beers aged in Scotch whisky casks for the UK....
Inver House Distillers has announced plans to launch a limited edition bottling of its 40-year-old Hankey Bannister blended Scotch whisky timed to coincide with its 250th anniversary....
William Grant & Sons has lined up a sizeable investment for a packaging revamp of its flagship Grant's Scotch whisky brand....
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Customisable drinks - The next consumer trend
- Interview - Seedlip founder, Ben Branson
- Carlsberg to close UK distribution arm
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- C&C Group will be a Brexit victim - analyst
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater packaging revamp
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends