UK: Thatchers reveals GBP6.5m portfolio push - video
UK cidermaker Thatchers has revealed details of a new GBP6.5m (US$10.9m) marketing campaign, including a national TV advert.
The spot, which began to appear this month and runs until September, explains how cidermaking began on the Thatchers family farm in Somerset. The ad will run during a number of high-profile sporting events this summer, including the FIFA World Cup and FA Cup; rugby’s Heineken Cup and Premiership Final; the F1 British Grand Prix, and international cricket.
Thatchers said the aim of the campaign is to position its portfolio of ciders, including flagship brand Thatchers Gold, as the “first choice” for the UK's “craft cider lovers”.
Martin Thatcher, the company's MD, said: “The ad goes back to the roots of our company, and reflects the heritage and traditions of cidermaking in Somerset in a way that really supports the brand values of today.”
The campaign will also feature billboard advertising in May and July, plus trade advertising and point-of-sale material for the on- and off-trade.
Thatchers has also signed a three-year deal to sponsor music and arts festival Glastonbury, the company announced earlier this week.
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Britvic hits make-or-break time for US Fruit Shoot
- Beam Suntory to sell brandy & sherry to Emperador
- Former Diageo exec joins William Grant in LatAm
- A-B InBev mulls sale of Peroni, Grolsch - report
- This week in spirits & wine
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts