ASIA: ThaiBev confirms talks over Fraser and Neave stake buy
ThaiBev, owner of the Chang brand, is in talks to acquire a stake in Fraser & Neave
ThaiBev, sister company of TCC Group, has confirmed it is in talks to acquire a stake in Fraser and Neave and its subsidiary, Asia Pacific Breweries.
Oversea-Chinese Banking Corps (OCBC) and Great Eastern Holdings' (GEH) announced to the Singapore stock exchange on Monday (16 July) that they have been "approached with an offer" to sell their combined stake in Fraser and Neave and Asia Pacific Breweries. The filing did not reveal the mystery bidder.
But today (18 July), ThaiBev's president & CEO, Thapana Sirivadhanabhakdi, announced the company is "in discussions to explore the possibility of acquiring the shareholdings".
He added, however, that "no definitive binding agreement had yet been entered into".
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's FY fiscal-2015 - Preview
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research