SINGAPORE: TFWA Asia Pacific reports record visitor numbers
This year's TFWA Asia-Pacific was forced to swap venues
The TFWA Asia Pacific Conference and Exhibition saw a record number of visitors this year despite a last-minute venue change, according to organisers.
The event was held at Singapore's Marina Bay Sands Expo Centre instead of the Suntec Centre after a delay in renovation work. However, guest numbers were up by 13% on last year to 2,452 organisers said yesterday (16 May). Some 253 companies exhibited at the travel retail event, up 7% from last year.
“Notwithstanding the enforced last-minute move, the exhibition has been easily one of the best events to date with records broken all round and high levels of satisfaction,” TWFA president Erik Juul-Mortensen said.
The four-day show, which ended yesterday, featured speeches from former Malaysian prime minister Mahathir Mohamad and Asia Pacific Diageo president Gilbert Ghostine.
TWFA's next event will be its World Exhibition in Cannes from 20 to 25 October, which last year broke the 6,000-visitor mark.
The final death count of Typhoon Haiyan, which hit the Philippines last week, is still a long way from being known. The relief effort is well underway, however, and drinks companies are among those th...
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- The Future of Cocktails - Consumer Trends
- Will Brexit make a winner out of Travel Retail?
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- Jose Cuervo applies to go public
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends