US: Terlato Wines adds Don Pancho Origenes rums to portfolio
Click through to view an image of the brand
Terlato Wines has signed an exclusive “long-term” deal to import and market rum brand Don Pancho Origenes in the US.
The Illinois-headquarted company will handle Don Pancho Origenes 30-year-old and 18-year-old rums and, eventually, an eight-year-old, it announced today (11 November). The brand is produced by Cuban master rum distiller Francisco "Don Pancho" Fernandez at his Las Cabras Distillery in Panama.
“This is a connoisseur's rum, meant to be enjoyed as a fine spirit,” said Terlato Wines' CEO William Terlato. “We know that luxury whisky aficionados are exploring other brown spirits - and Don Pancho super-premium rums will soon be on their radars.”
The brand is the latest to be added to Terlato's new artisan spirits unit, launched in August.
Carlos Esquivel, Don Pancho's executive director said: "We are extremely pleased to be working with the Terlato family as we introduce Don Pancho Origenes in key markets internationally.”
Financial details of the deal were not disclosed.
Italian vineyard Anselmi Wines is to widen its US footprint in a new distribution deal....
Rioja producer Bodegas Valdemar has partnered with Terlato Wines to bring its wines into the US....
Terlato Wines is taking over US distribution of Burgundy producer Domaine Ramonet's portfolio from Diageo's Chateau & Estate unit. ...
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- Diageo's smart Seedlip sustainability move
- Pernod Ricard Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Why Vietnam is the next beer battleground
- Brown-Forman Q1 2017 results - Preview
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- CEO Paul Schaafsma set to leave Accolade Wines
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Heineken unveils new mid-strength lager Heineken 3
- US on-premise at "new normal" - research
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review