UK: Tennent Caledonian applies wholesale price freeze
Caledonia Best's wholesale price will be frozen throughout this year
Tennent Caledonian has frozen wholesale prices on three of its leading brands to help boost Scotland's flagging on-trade, the company said today (8 February).
The freeze covers Tennent's Lager, Caledonia Best and Magners Golden Draught until the end of the year, the Glasgow-based company said. “We recognise that these are tough times for Scotland's free on-trade and we will continue to support and invest where we can,” Tennent Caledonian MD John Gilligan said.
The freeze was welcomed by a member of the Scottish on-trade industry. “A move like this one from Tennent's is rare in our business,” said Mark Horner, owner of Legends bar in East Kilbride.
A report in November claimed alcohol sales in Scotland dropped by 4% in 2011, with on-trade sales between 1994 and 2011 falling by 30%.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets