INDIA: Tata Tea to change name
Tata Tea has proposed to change its name.
Tata Tea plans to change its name to Tata Global Beverages Ltd, the Indian company has said in a stock filing.
The move remains dependent on shareholder approval and on Government backing.
The group's new name would emphasise its footprint in markets around the world and also its push into ready-to-drink teas.
Last year, Tata said that it was seeking to expand into ready-to-drink beverages and was looking to acquire brands in Russia, Asia Pacific, Africa, and South America.
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015