INDIA: Tata Tea to change name
Tata Tea has proposed to change its name.
Tata Tea plans to change its name to Tata Global Beverages Ltd, the Indian company has said in a stock filing.
The move remains dependent on shareholder approval and on Government backing.
The group's new name would emphasise its footprint in markets around the world and also its push into ready-to-drink teas.
Last year, Tata said that it was seeking to expand into ready-to-drink beverages and was looking to acquire brands in Russia, Asia Pacific, Africa, and South America.
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- Is sustainability now as important as financials?
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts