Product Launch – JAPAN: Suntory's Yamazaki, Hakushu Multi-Year Single Malts
Click through to view Suntory's Yamazaki, Hakushu Multi-Year Single Malts
Suntory's Yamazaki, Hakushu Multi-Year Single Malts
Category – whisky, Japan, both 43% abv
Available - From 29 May
Location - Japan
Price - JPY1,750 (USD21.40) per 35cl bottle, JPY3,500 (USD42.80) per 70cl bottle
Distribution - Suntory Holdings Limited
Suntory has introduced two new variants to its Yamazaki and Hakushu single malt brands. Both are blends of previous years’ whiskies from the two distilleries. Neither carry a reference to any production year, unlike previous releases.
The new Yamazaki uses malt aged in oak casks, while the lightly peated Hakushu has a “fresh, smoky nuance”.
“We hope the new whiskies will cater to the growing fans of highball,” said a Suntory spokesman, referring to the popular Japanese drink of whisky sodas pre-packaged for quick consumption.
This third - and penultimate - part of October's management briefing, looking at the logistics landscape, shines the light on Asia Pacific....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Can fruit cider survive UK slowdown? - Focus
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- Beam Suntory rolls out Larios gin range to UK
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends