JAPAN: Suntory to put ads on beer cans
Suntory said the first "Ad Nama" product would be on the market in June bearing an advertisement for the Fast Retailing Co.'s Uniqlo clothing brand.
Suntory would not give any details of the financial deal reached with Fast Retailing. However, the ad revenue generated will allow the brewer to market the lowest-priced low-malt beer on the Japanese market with a 350ml can on Ad Name retailing for Y128 against the regular price of Y145.
Low-malt "happoshu" drinks accounted for 31.4% share of the total beer market in 2001, up from 22.2% in 2000.
Constellation Brands is interested in some of Allied Domecq's spirits brands, according to reports today (15 April)....
Maxxium Worldwide could come under pressure if Pernod and Fortune's Allied Domecq bid is successful, according to press reports today (14 April)....
It's been a quiet day on the Pernod/Allied Domecq front....
Conflicting reports circulated this weekend over whether Bacardi International is looking to form a counter-bid for Allied Domecq....
Todays press reports into Pernod and Fortune's hopes to buy Allied Domecq warn of possible conflicts and set a date for completion....
Pernod Ricard and Fortune Brands are hoping to buy Allied Domecq for around 670p per share, according to press reports....
LVMH has said it is not looking to buy Mumm Champagne from Allied Domecq....
Kirin Brewery is to follow Sapporo and Suntory into the so-called "third-category" beer market in Japan....
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- The European beer market - Focus
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Bacardi names new global communications head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Corporate Relations Director to leave Diageo
- Diageo, Nolets unveil latest Ketel One campaign