US: Suntory takes US whiskey distribution in-house
Beam Suntory was created last month
New subsidiary Beam Suntory Inc, the result of Suntory's US$16bnacquisition of Beam Inc, will handle the products through Beam's former distribution partners, a spokesperson told just-drinks today (15 May). The agreement with Campari will end in July.
Campari confirmed the end of the partnership in its Q1 results release week. The company said Suntory brands accounted for about 1% of Campari's net sales last year. The partnership with Suntory started in 2006, a Campari spokesperson told just-drinks.
Campari is a major player in vermouth and sparkling wine. This profile analyses the company’s response to challenging conditions in vermouth and its efforts to tap into growth opportunities in both ve...
Gruppo Campari's decision to change the names of several rum brands in its Appleton Estate portfolio suggests that the segment may have stumbled on its own language. Does this mark the end of rum's re...
Campari is expected to continue its strategy of brand acquisition, not only to widen its portfolio of brands in order to fill some gaps in terms of product types, but also to improve the distribution ...
The world leader in liqueurs, Campari continued its strategy of acquisitive expansion in 2014. This profile analyses the company’s efforts to fill gaps in its portfolio, including its move into Canadi...
Analyses of the leading companies in the alcohol industry...
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Interview- Veltins export manager Udo Bruns
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- Diageo's Guinness Rye Pale Ale - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages