JAPAN: Suntory silent on new CEO reports
Suntory Holdings has yet to officially confirm reports it has appointed a new chief executive.
Media outlets including Bloomberg and the Financial Times reported today (24 June) that Suntory has lined up Takeshi Niinami to take over from current chairman & CEO Nobutada Saji in October. Japan's Kyodo news agency quotes Saji, who will will stay on as chairman, as saying that Niinami "has an international outlook, vigor, and an ability to crisscross the world".
Saji reportedly added: "I have big hopes for him."
However, Suntory said in a statement today (24 June) that the reports “are not based on any official announcements”. “No facts relating to the matter have been confirmed at this point,” the statement said.
Niinami is the head of Japanese convenience store chain Lawson and, if confirmed, would be Suntory's first CEO from outside the founding family.
Suntory has been involved in a string of acquisitions in the past year, including the US$16bn purchase of Beam Inc.
just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
This latest 'on-trend' report from just-drinks provides a strategic summary of where the craft beer category is at present, and where it might be heading in the short-term. Through a combination of sp...read more
Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offeri...
Canadean's "Suntory Holdings Limited: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a compa...
Suntory’s surprise takeover of Beam in April 2014 has created the world’s sixth biggest spirits company. Although not currently showing in Euromonitor International data, this profile will look at Sun...
Beam, as the world’s fourth largest international spirits company and seventh largest overall, should be in a strong position. In some ways it is, however, it suffers from a large proportion of its vo...
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets