JAPAN: Suntory readies Shiso Pepsi for summer
Suntory will follow up its success with previous special summer limited edition Pepsi cola drinks with Shiso Pepsi, based on the flavour of perilla leaves (shiso in Japanese), a favoured condiment to sashimi.
The new drink will hit convenience stores across Japan on 23 June and be available for a limited time.
Displaying the same green colour as the shiso leaf, which resembles a stinging nettle, the new drink will be sold in 490ml PET bottles at a price of JPY140 (US$1.44).
Also known as the Beefsteak plant, Shiso is closely related to the mint family, although its essential oils have the same intensity as fennel.
In the last two summers, Suntory introduced Cucumber Pepsi and Blue Hawaiian Pepsi.
The news this week that Suntory has launched a binding offer to acquire Orangina Schweppes is another sign of the growing international aspirations of Japan's drinks groups. Alongside the mooted merge...
Analyst Richard Corbett takes a look at the strong performance of the carbonates category, which has been suffering in other regions....
Suntory Holdings' deal to acquire Orangina Schweppes is another step forward in the Japanese group's plan to expand overseas, writes Michelle Russell....
Global Brands has launched a review of its production processes in a bid to reduce carbon emissions....
The ruling council for Beaujolais Nouveau wines is considering a ban on wineries replacing glass bottles with PET bottles and cartons, in order to protect the wine region's image....
The Bowmore 1964 Trilogy, featuring Black, White and Gold varieties of Bowmore single malt Scotch whisky, has sold for US$21,600 at a US auction....
Suntory Holdings has completed the acquisition of Orangina Schweppes from private equity firms Blackstone Group and Lion Capital....
Rexam, the drinks packaging giant, said it was confident of meeting expectations for the full-year, despite a cautious trading outlook....
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets