US: Suntory International signs up to DISCUS
Suntory International has become the 13th member of DISCUS
Suntory International has joined the Distilled Spirits Council of the United States (DISCUS).
The trade body, which represents the interests of spirits producers and marketers in the US, confirmed yesterday (24 January) that the New York-based division of the Japanese company is now a member. Suntory owns the Yamazaki Japanese whiskey brand, which leads a spirits portfolio of rums, whiskies and liqueurs.
“Our liquor business in the US is still small, however the US represents a very important and growing market for Suntory,” said Yoshihiko Kunimoto, Suntory International's executive VP & chief operating officer for North America. “DISCUS is the global leader in advocating responsible public policy for our industry.”
Peter Cressy, DISCUS's president & CEO, added: “Suntory shares our member companies’ strong commitment to corporate social responsibility and open markets.”
The distiller, which also produces beer and soft drinks, has become DISCUS’s 13th full member.
Patience Gould is keen to snap you romanticists back into the real world. Brace yourselves......
Suntory is set to launch one of its beer brands in Australia, according to reports....
Asahi Group has confirmed that it has signed two joint ventures with an Indonesian company to market and distribute non-alcoholic drinks in the country....
Tsingtao's third-largest shareholder, billioniare Chen Fa Shu, has netted HKD1.5bn (US$192m) from a selldown of his shareholding in the brewery, according to local reports. ...
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research