MEXICO: Strike hits Grupo Modelo brewery
Grupo Modelo faces strike
A worker strike has forced Mexico's largest brewer, Grupo Modelo, to suspend beer production at one of its breweries.
Staff have downed tools at the Tuxtepec brewery due to a contract dispute.
Modelo said yesterday (12 April) that the action has not affected beer supplies for either domestic or export markets. It has expanded production at its brewery in Coahuila to cover any shortfall.
The Corona brewer said that it hopes negotiations with the trade union officials will end the strike.
We fully intend to keep an eye on how things develop here in the UK with Grupo Modelo's Corona Extra bottled beer brand....
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US