RUSSIA: State agrees Stoli distribution deal - report
The Russian state-run vodka group Soyuzplodoimport is reported in local press to have granted a ten-year distribution agreement for five of the country's leading vodka brands, including Stolichnaya.
A report by the news service Novecon, said yesterday that Soyuzplodoimport signed the exclusive agreement with the Alkomir company for the brands Stolichnaya, Moskovskaya, Russkaya, Starka and Pertsovka.
The report said that under the terms of the deal, Alkomir has agreed to spend US$10m in developing the vodka brands in the first year of operations.
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Guinness Nigeria sees YTD sales, profits tumble
- Bacardi recruits ex-News International exec
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends